The biggest high schools in California are largely situated in Los Angeles.
California has a whole quantity of 13,014 schools and out of this there are 2079 high schools.
1. Belmont Senior High College is the biggest high faculty in California owing to the significant population of Westlake district. It has whole enrollees of 5,336 in 2006. It is situated in downtown Los Angeles and caters to pupils from grades 9 to twelve. It was recognized in September eleven, 1923 and is now led by Gary Yoshinobu as their District Principal. Staff associates stand for the faculty as Sentinels. Large enrollment will shortly be distributed to another middle, the Belmont Discovering Center now recognized as Vista Hermosa Discovering Center.
2. Theodore Roosevelt Senior High College is the 2nd biggest faculty in California with a whole quantity of 5,126 pupils and 220 full time teachers. A common faculty that belongs to the Los Angeles unified district, which caters to grades 9-twelve and a teacher scholar ratio of 1:23. Ethnicity is composed of Asians, American Indians, Non-Hispanics, Hispanics, and the Whites. As of day, the faculty is populated the most with Hispanics.
3. Long Beach front Polytechnic High College is the third biggest faculty in California. It is situated in Long Beach front. It accommodates high faculty pupils from not only Long Beach front but also Bixby Knolls, Sign Hill and Lakewood. It was launched in 1895 and was formerly recognized as Long Beach front High College and now far more popularly recognized as Poly it belongs to the Long Beach front Unified District. It is populated with far more than 5000 pupils. This faculty is not only geared in the direction of the teachers but also in athletics due to the fact of which Sports activities Illustrated Journal named it as “Sports activities College of the Century” in 2005. It has also received various Grammy awards for its music program. Renowned alumni include Snoop Dogg, Tony Gwynn, Billie Jean King, and Cameron Diaz.
four. James A. Garfield Senior High College is the fourth biggest high faculty in California. It caters to grades 9-twelve with a whole of 4569 pupils.
5. John H. Francis Polytechnic High College is the fifth biggest high faculty in California. It is a comprehensive faculty from the Los Angeles Unified District, which is situated in the Sun Valley of Los Angeles. It was launched in the 1900’s and a recognized rival of North Hollywood High College. It has a parrot mascot named Joe Poly.
six. John Marshall Senior High College is the sixth biggest high faculty in California. It is a public faculty, which caters to pupils in grades 9-twelve and has a whole population of 4561 pupils. It was launched in 1931, named soon after the Excellent Main Justice John Marshall who constructed the American technique of constitutional legislation. The motto of the faculty is veritas vincit or real truth conquers. Learners are recognized as barristers since the school’s mascot is Johnny Barrister. Recently, it introduced applications to assistance provide faculty cash just one of which is Mum or dad Involvement. This mandate indicates that parents are essential to actively take part in setting up and evaluation of faculty budgets and applications.
7. Bell High College is the home of the mighty eagles and is the seventh biggest high faculty in California. It is another member of Los Angeles Unified District, which caters to pupils in grades 9-twelve. It was launched in 1925 and has 4778 quantity of pupils as of the last study.
8. Los Angeles Senior High College is the 8 biggest high schools in California. It is really a public faculty, which caters to pupils in grades 9-twelve and has a population of 4405 pupils.
9. James Monroe High is the ninth biggest high faculty in California. It is also below the Los Angeles Unified District. It is well-liked for its smaller studying communities and magnet schools. It was launched in 1958 and it situated in North Hills California.
ten. Wilson High College, the tenth biggest high faculty in California is another member of the Los Angeles Unified District, which was recognized in 1937. Commonly recognized as Woodrow Wilson High College, it is a public faculty, which consists of pupils in grades 9-twelve. It is open to pupils from Hillside Village, El Sereno, and University Hills, furthermore Town Terrace and Ramona Gardens. It has a population of 3000 pupils with a Seymour mascot termed Mule.